Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Flame of the Islands (1956)

I was watching this old movie, one rainy day, hoping that the tropical setting would warm me up a bit-and what did I spy?

barkcloth

This barkcloth, covering the chairs in a little bar where the main characters are dancing!

I found my very own piece of the same barkcloth several years ago.  A small piece, and stained with paint.  (Horrors!)  But I loved it so much it instantly became my favorite pattern.  I’d always hoped I find more of it, but I never imagined I’d see it in an old movie.  How cool is that? 

Now I need to watch the movie again-and pay more attention to the plot!

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I've never seen that movie before, but looks like a good one to cheer you up on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I love old movies! Flame of the Islands had lots of palm trees and neat 50's decor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for fun! don't you love those old movies in "trucolor"?!

    raining here .. we are hooked on Columbo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa-I do! Columbo is great! Rain (in excess) not so much;)

      Delete
  4. Oh that is so cool! What a neat discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie sweet! That is an amazing find and you are hilarious about how it all came about. I could have sworn you were going to write something regarding Yvonne deCarlo. You know she was the Mother on the Munsters, ya? hahahahaha. That pattern of the cloth is tremendous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Renae-I thought she looked familiar! I didn't recognize her in "regular" clothes! ;) I'll be over soon!

      Delete